Democracy Now! Headlines

CommonDebate

For a site with links to articles, and free debate on issues, visit

Commondebate.blogspot.com

Friday, November 07, 2008

CommonDreams Refugees

The comments on the post below have told me a couple of things.

1) There are actually people who read this site. At least occaisionally. Wow!
2) Anyone who is critical of Obama and the Democrats is being booted off of the CommonDreams website.

The latter makes me thing that people need a place to gather and discuss. Its better if we gather together and stay in touch. While the forums at CommonDreams used to be a place to do this, it seems apparent that the new Democratic censorship is going to make this hard to do there.

I don't know if this site is the place to do that. But, I'm willing to help where I can. CD refugees are welcome to comment here. I'd also be willing to open up the posting privlidges here to allow others to write here if they are interested.

And one thing that could certainly be done is if CommonDreams refugees want to post links or email to stay in touch, this thread could be a place to do that.

But, I'm also thinking maybe its time for a new site. I might try to get something started. Maybe have links to articles on other sites, but with the ability to comment freely on that site. So, for instance it could have a link to an interesting article on CommonDreams, but then it could also allow a free and uncensored discussion of that article.

If anyone is interested, leave a comment below. Not only about my ideas, but with your own.

2 comments:

KDelphi said...

Hello Samson. I remember you from CD--and then you disappeared. I even looked up their tax returns--they get $540,000 a year in tax money. They aer 501 (c) 3. But WTF is it worth it? I dont thihk so.I mean, it would be the "principle".But I am sure Brown, Brennan, Beune and Newhouser have really good attornies. I think that they miscalculate how angry this make people.

I also think Snow Dog was a "friendly plant"--you know, a "foil" to make it look like they allow dissent. Dont know though.

I am really sick of this crap,. though. Hell I cant even read the articles.Brown;s letter to us concerning his wife (ie Obama) is surely outside the IRS laws..what do you think? Have you thought of another site? I mean these people are rich as hell, folks. They troll sites looking for criticism of Obama. This is so neo-liberal.

wagelaborer said...

Well, yes, it would be nice to have a place where we could meet. (Sounds like a song).
The thing I liked about Common Dreams was that they had a lot of great articles, with info I need. I have a weekly radio show and I need ammo. But my favorite part was the comments.
Without you guys though, it's not the same.
I do go to oped news. They allow comments and the administrator isn't as censorious, I think.
They allow discussion of 9-11 truth, for instance.