Where to begin? I guess just jump on the train an' start ridin'. :)
One thing I think I've learned is that when people I don't trust are attacking someone and telling me in loud voices not to listen to someone, I tend to go check them out. Maybe its an old trick I learned playing d-line in football. When someone is trying to push you in a certain direction, at the very least then dig in your heels and hold your ground. And the best thing to do is to go in exactly the opposite direction from where they are trying to push you. There's a reason they want you over there instead of you being over here.
Lately, its been the Rev. Jeremiah Wright who's in the 'news'. You see bits and pieces of what the man has said over many years chopped up and tossed at you. All with a tone of hatred. According to the corporate media, he's the man we are all supposed to hate right now. And certainly, we shouldn't be listening to what he says. We are clearly being told what to think.
Now, I don't know Rev. Wright. I've never spent more than a day or two in the Chicago area, and I don't think I've ever gotten near to meeting the man. But, my gut instinct when I see that I'm being told to hate the man is to go check him out.
What will I find? Who knows? Will I like the man, or will I find him awful? Again, who knows? Other than if you judge a man by his enemies, then I'd have to say he's already got a favorable mark in my book. He seems to have pissed off all the right people. :)
Lately, the Rev. Wright appeared on Bill Moyer's PBS show "Now". Here's a link to the video and the transcript.
Rev. Wright and Bill Moyers - Video
Rev. Wright and Bill Moyers - Transcript
No comments:
Post a Comment